Sunday, February 9, 2014

Businesses without E-commerce: Stuck in the 20th Century

          The idea behind the topic of my paper starts with a personal experience. The company I currently work for is a fashion jewelry company that sells to retailers all across the United States. We have lots of inventory from returns, cancellations, etc...Until a few months ago most of that inventory was just sitting around getting stale. One word changed everything, E-commerce. We now sell across many internet marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon, Sears and more. Our once stale inventory is now available all across America. This shows that businesses that sell items and/or services, that do not have an E-commerce presence, are severely behind in the times and are hurting their businesses without even knowing it.

          I plan to use a personal approach to this topic since I have experience with both my own small business and the larger corporation I currently work for. I will show how E-commerce has changed the game of business and anyone who does not follow will eventually be left in the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment